The University Paris 1 does not provide any scholarships but students can directly apply to their embassy or one of the following addresses according to their origins.
The French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs launched the Eiffel excellence scholarship programme support French centres of higher education in their international outreach initiatives, in a context of mounting competition among developed countries to attract elite students from overseas. It is a very selective scholarship. Students accepted by this programme receive 1180 euros/month. This scholarship is priority for students from emerging countries.
How to do?
- Eligibility Criteria / How Much / How to apply? : see here
- You can find more information on their website: Eiffel Scholarship
- You should fill out an application form which you can obtain by email@example.com at the end of October the year of your application and send all documents to the following address before November 13th.
When filling out the Eiffel scholarship application you must specify the M1 and M2 programs you wish to apply for (ex. Master 1: Economie du Développement, Master 2: M2 Development Economics). You should apply for the Eiffel scholarship for 24 months if you wish to do the 2 years of study in France.
Results are announced on the CAMPUS FRANCE website in March.
This is a regional scholarship for foreign students from certain areas of the cooperation of Ile-de-France. Students who apply for this programme should:
- Scholarship Master Ile-de-France: Have followed, the year preceding the application, a course of higher education in one of the following countries (South Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, India, Mauritania, Russia) or one of the priority areas of cooperation (Canada - Montreal region, Hungary - Budapest, Lebanon - city of Beirut, Madagascar - city of Antananarivo, Mali - Keyes region, Morocco - Casablanca region, Mauritania - Nouakchott, Poland - Warsaw city, Senegal - Dakar, Vietnam - Hanoi).
- Scholarship Master Ile-de-France-Europe: Have followed, the year preceding the application, a course of higher education in one of one of member states of the European Union.
How to do ?
The conditions :
- - Have the nationality of the country.
- Have a good knowledge of French (oral and written).
- Be enrolled in a degree of master (M1 or M2) in an institution of higher education in Ile-de-France.
It is possible that this programme will extend to more countries next year.
How to proceed ?
Students who meet the conditions below should directly apply to the embassy of their countries (Scholarship Master Ile-de-France).
Students accepted by this program receive 1010 euros/month. They have to accept the accommodation at the Cite International Universitaire de Paris-(CIUP) which costs around 450 euros per month. It is possible to extend this scholarship for the second year of the Master. You can find more information on their website: Scholarship Master Ile-de-France and detailed information on this program in English here
To apply for either scholarship programme, students must provide the following documents in French for Scholarship Master Ile-de-France program; in French or in English for Eiffel Scholarship programme:
- A detailed CV;
- A cover letter describing their interest in the programme, accomplishments, and future plans;
- Certified translations of their academic transcripts of records (at least 3 years);
- Copy of your Bachelor's Degree and/or Master Degree;
- Letters of recommendation (if there are any);
- A copy of your passport;
If you have any questions about scholarships, please contact: Ms. Marie Guyamarch
For American students wishing to study in France
Interested students must apply for the Fulbright Scholarship for the 2021-2022 school year has passed. The competition for the 2022-2023 school year opens soon.
They recommend preparing your application at least 2 months prior to the campus or IIE deadline.
Please note that you must apply through the Fulbright Advisor at your undergraduate university; even if you have already graduated. Please check with your university or online to find out who to contact.
Check the Preparing an Application information sheet before applying.